Tuesday, February 21, 2017

A Quilt Along: 9 Patch a Day

I often see sew alongs on Instagram. People all gather together and make the same quilt pattern, or bag, or follow a challenge guideline like "colorful". I love seeing them. Sometimes I even try to join in. Memorably was the log cabin block swap where every participant made a certain number of blocks out of Bonnie and Camille fabrics, sent them in, and received blocks back from other participants.
Bonnie and Camille Log Cabin quilt top. It's being sent to the quilter later this month! 

In my spare time (ha! let's be honest, I do this while breastfeeding or pumping) I've been looking at quilty things on Pinterest. And I happened on a pin that I thought, "Hey, I could do that."

And so, I propose this Quilt-Along, join me if you wish.

9 Patch a Day.


How I envision it working:

Every day for the month of March make a 9 patch block of any size you wish. You get some 'free' days, with the goal that  you will have a total of 30 blocks to assemble in a quilt. .

I don't want to give much instruction past that because quilts are like people. Each one is different and beautiful. Use scraps. Buy new fabric. Stash dive. It's all up to you!

Feel free to join in on Instagram with #9patchaday and follow me @AuntJaq

No comments:

Post a Comment