Saturday, June 18, 2016

#seweveryday

Along with the yarn stashbusting going on this summer, I also am working on stashbusting fabric. I have quite a collection.

Well, honestly it's not as big as it used to be, but I've been working on simplifying the past year or so. A few months ago I went through my stash and gave away quite a bit of it. Now, I have a manageable stash and I'm focusing on using it up this summer. I have plenty of things that I would love to make and have the supplies for.

Last year I tried a challenge called #100daysofsewing. While this was a great undertaking, I don't remember if I actually made it 100 days. I know I made it 100 days without buying yarn or fabric... but sewing every day for 100 days? Don't think I made it.

This time around, I'm endeavoring on a #seweveryday challenge. For me, this does not mean I have to sew every day when I start out. I have to work up to that. My current goal is to sew more days than I don't sew during the month.

An added benefit of this is one I noticed last year with the 100 days of sewing. I made some good progress on finishing projects. Over the course of the summer, I hope to finish quite a few projects at the same time I'm making a dent in my stash.

Stay tuned! And keep an eye on the Finished Object posts the last day of each month to see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment