A little later than I intended to publish this, but here it is. The book list from 2015. I feel like it's shorter than it should be, but I finished grad school this year. I also did a lot of editing for other people. A lot more got read, however it did not get tracked or recorded because it wasn't pleasure reading.
Books: 41 Pages: 12,924
Books: 41 Pages: 12,924
- How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character by Paul Tough (197)- I'm super excited/proud/happy that the first book I finished this year was a non-fiction 'educational' book.
- Egg and Spoon by Gregory Maguire (475)- a decent book. It could have ended earlier, but wasn't to the point where it should have ended earlier.
- The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman (204)- The first stay up until 2am to finish book of the year. I loved it!
- The First Paper Girl in Red Oak Iowa by Elizabeth Stukey French (224)- Stephen King says that you need to read so you know how much bad stuff get published. As you read, if you have the thought that you could write better, you should. This book was one of those books for me. The stories weren't very good at all, the characters were cliche and flat. And, well, I think a lot of people out there could write better than this.
- Another Man's Moccasins by Craig Johnson (290)- A Walt Longmire mystery
- The Amazing Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman (172)
- The Devil's Paintbox by Victoria McKernan (368)- I've read this before and knew it within the first few pages, however it had been long enough that I didn't remember much, so it was still fun to read!
- Fear City by F. Paul Wilson (368) Repairman Jack: the Early Years
- The Elusive Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman(208)
- Jackaroo by Cynthia Voigt (291)- This was another stay up all night book! I loved it and was super sad when I finished. Thankfully I looked up the author and found out it's part of a series!
- Popular by Maya Van Wegenen (259)
- The Dark Horse by Craig Johnson (318)
- Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper (295)- My mother put it best when she said, "I hate reading these kind of books. But everyone needs to read them."
- A Palm for Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman (226)
- It Starts with Food by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig (258)
- On Fortune's Wheel by Cynthia Voigt (276)
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein (321)
- Nutureshock by Po Bronson and Ashley Merriman (336)
- Her Dark Curiosity by Megan Shepherd (420)
- Junkyard Dogs by Craig Johnson (306)
- Everywhere that Mary Went by Lisa Scottoline (356)
- Back of Beyond by CJ Box (475)
- The Highway by CJ Box (432)
- The Haunted Air by F. Paul Wilson- A Repairman Jack Novel (415)
- Mrs. Pollifax on Safari by Dorothy Gilman (223)
- Hell is Empty by Craig Johnson (309)
- Dog On It by Spencer Quinn (305) - My new favorite book!
- My Mother the Cheerleader by (288)
- Gateways by F. Paul Wilson (366)
- As the Crow Flies by Craig Johnson (308)
- Mrs. Pollifax on the China Station by Dorothy Gilman (224)
- The Sixth Extinction by James Rollins (608)
- Nightfall Gardens by Allen Houston (250)
- Guns Will Keep Us Together by Leslie Langtry (318)
- The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald (241)
- A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz (256)
- The Wing's of a Falcon by Cynthia Voigt (467)
- The Serpent's Tooth by Craig Johnson (335)
- In a Glass Grimmly by Adam Gidwitz (192)
- Nowhere to Run by CJ Box (356)
- Below Zero by CJ Box (388)
[For informational purposes: 2013= 64 books; 2014= 55 books, 24,439 pages]