Monday, February 2, 2015

It's February

Happy February Everyone!!!

This month I have some great things happening. First off we're moving to a bigger apartment (yay!) which is big enough that I will have my very own office/craft studio! I'm hoping having a designated space, away from the video games on the giant tv, will help me to be more productive in the sewing arena. Not to mention the fact that this new apartment is quite a bit cheaper than our current apartment. It's going to help a lot when it comes to paying off our debt and actually being able to maintain some savings (right now every time I get some savings under my belt, some disaster happens that needs to be paid for. Like school.)

Secondly, I am participating in the February Hat-a-Thon in the Stash Knit Down group over on Ravlery. Since I am a grad student, and working two jobs, I decided to participate in a team, so I only have to make a couple of hats instead of the full (26 hats) or half (13 hats) marathon. Maybe next year....

Finally, The Yarn Haven retreat! I was able to go last year on a scholarship, and this year we saved up some $$ and it's counting as my Christmas/Birthday present. I'm super excited to spend a weekend hanging out with the lovely ladies that I've gotten to know and love over the past year and a half on Thursdays at Knit Night. Hijinks and knitting will occur.

Of course, I can't forget that February is the MOST IMPORTANT month because the MOST IMPORTANT PERSON was born on February 28.... my Beautiful Mother!

Anyone got some great plans for February up their sleeves?

No comments:

Post a Comment