Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Gridelin

I finally finished it. I started it last August, I think. It was a long time ago.

At the beginning I had decided that this shawl needed to be bigger than the previous two Curls shawls because this one I was keeping for myself and I wanted it to be able to actually help keep me warm. I have plenty of scarves already and didn't want to really add another one into the mix.



I stopped tracking time on it. Other than the feeling that I was STILL knitting on it and it would NEVER END. But I stuck it out and it's really finished and I'm going to put it away nicely for awhile until I'm ready to look at it again.

I used two skeins of Cascade Heritage sock yarn. I have a third one but couldn't bring myself to keep going when I saw the end of the second one in sight. It's a decent size and I'm happy with it.


The current internal debate is whether I should try to knock out a few other projects (I have 10 Christmas stockings on order and only completed about 25% of one so far. My goal was one a month) or if I'm good to cast on the next Curls shawl. I have the yarn caked and ready to go. I even have a recipient in mind for it. But I'm not sure I'm ready to slog through another shawl just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment