Friday, October 23, 2015

Because There's No Competition at 5 a.m.


I have a really hard time waking up in the mornings when I have work. I don't understand why. But on days like today, when I can sleep in a bit, I physically can't. My body won't let me. The same body that acts like it's the end of the world at the exact same time yesterday thinks all is well and wonderful today.

One of the biggest positives I have found on days like today is that there is absolutely no competition at 5 a.m. in the laundry room. I can get all of our laundry done (last week it was 6 loads) before anyone else is even conscious enough to remember they need to do laundry.

I also get a weird satisfaction out of vacuuming at 5:30 am, just because I can annoy the neighbors who vacuum at 11 p.m.

(p.s. It is now currently 6:30, I've been up for 2 hours, for any of my 5 readers who are curious)

No comments:

Post a Comment