Saturday, August 22, 2015

Block Swap

I recently signed up for a block swap on Instagram. The requirement was to make a specific number of log cabin blocks in Bonnie and Camille fabric. I didn't own any, so I order some off Etsy and Amazon. I love pre-cuts. I ordered two jelly rolls and a charm pack. 

One reason I love pre-cuts so much is they make the project go so fast! No worrying about getting strips exactly the same width, or if your center square is wonky. That's already taken care of, you can just grab and sew.

Now that I've got a start on the blocks, I realized that my original plan to make two quilts is not going to happen. The first 6 and half blocks used up an entire jelly roll. I've set some of my favorite ones aside from the second one, and am going to see how far I can get without using them.

I found another pack of charm squares that I plan to use with the leftovers from this quilt (I'm only using 12 of 42 squares) for a crib or lap quilt.

The rest of the jelly roll strips, if I have any leftover, will be used in a quilt. Sometime. No solid plans yet, of course, since I don't know how many, if any, will be left over when all is said and done.

I've got only 5 more big squares to go, so I might luck out!






No comments:

Post a Comment