Friday, June 13, 2014

Drinking Water

So, you always hear that you should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to benefit your health. But I've never really heard much beyond that personally. "They" say it's good for losing weight, good for your skin, good for you brain functioning.

While I can't say that my brain functioning has been in top shape lately, I can say that I've been making an effort to drink 'enough' water each day. Not so great for the bathroom breaks that seemed to take over my life for awhile there... And I can't say I noticed much of a difference in anything other than the more frequent bathroom breaks.

However; it has yielded some results that I just didn't notice. I am a private tutor for a family and I often spend a few minutes chatting with the mother after the sessions each day. The other day out of the blue she asked, "Where have you been getting your facials at?"

Me: Ummm.... excuse me?

She asked again, and I explained that I had never had a facial (and currently can't afford something like that, Grad School folks, grad school). She went on to say that she noticed my skin was glowing and seemed a lot clearer lately. I shrugged it off and later that night realized the time frame she gave was about the same time frame as me drinking more water.

So, even though you might not notice it, others do see the difference drinking water can make!

(Excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom... again.)

PS: If you are a bottled water drinker, for the love! Please stop! You can get a filter pitcher, or attachment for your faucet for less than bottled water costs. You'll save money and the environment at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment