Sunday, December 8, 2013

Advent of Sorts: Week One

I had heard about a year ago about doing Advent. Someone in one of my discussion groups on Ravelry posted the scriptures they use for their Christmas Advent. While I liked the concept, I decided I'd like to tweak it a bit for, well, me. I think it fits a bit better this way. (However, I feel the full Advent they published is pretty good, for Easter, since it ends with the Resurrection, so stay tuned.)

For the next 3 Sundays, I will post scriptures of the modified Advent. Then on Christmas Eve I will post the final ones, and a special Christmas post will follow to end it all with a bang! (At least that's the plan ;) )

WEEK ONE: Old Testament

Isaiah 7:14  Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment