Sunday, April 14, 2013

Charity Knits

A sub-goal of my Goal for the Year of knitting 13 miles worth of yarn, is to knit 13 items for charity. I am nearly done with my first, a sweater for the charity Afghans for Afghans. I was contemplating this at church today as we talked about the Law of Consecration, and wondering how in the world I would be able to meet this sub-goal.

It's the fourth month of the year, I should be 25% done with my goal, meaning 5720 yards knit. I'm at 3969, only 17.34% done. Technically I should have already knit 3.25 charity items. I'm finishing up my first.

So, my question is this, how do I reach my goals? Will I have to revise them?

I think I have a solution, and want to know what you all think.

Would it 'count' as a charity knit if I make something that cannot be donated, but I sell the item and then donate the money I make from the sale to a charity? Does that count? I think it might.

Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas or suggestions on how I can reach both of these goals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment