Saturday, December 3, 2016

Priorities

I've had quite a few life changes in the past five months or so. And when you have life changes, you start to re-think a lot of things. For me, I've been thinking about what my priorities need to be, even though this is the first time I've labelled them as such.

I've been trying to rid our lives of clutter, physical and mental clutter. So I've given away a lot of my fabric and even quite a bit of yarn. (I will write about the process in the coming weeks.) I have been through my clothes multiple times as well as some other odds and ends around the house and donated them to  Goodwill.

While all this physical clutter moving out has helped me a lot, I still felt there was too much clutter in my life. There's too much asking for my time, attention, and energy. I keep putting things off or ignoring them because I have all this other stuff screaming for my attention that other people asked me to do.

I realized, I have a lot of Want To-s, and they aren't happening because I keep saying yes to other things. That commitment turns those things into Have To-s. And I don't like that I don't get to do any of my Want To-s.

So, I've decided. I closed the Etsy shop. I plan on this being temporary, but wouldn't mind it becoming permanent. I've given away the inventory, after keeping a few items for myself and my baby (3 items, only 3). A few partially finished items will be finished and then... I'm not sure what will happen to them after that. And that's fine.

I will be finishing up the two custom orders I have in process currently. And then, no more.

I will knit and sew what I want to. Not what someone else asked me for. Not what I think might do well in the shop. What I want to, for me and my family.

And I feel really good about this decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment