Monday, September 14, 2015

A Decision

I recently made an announcement on facebook that I think needs to be done here too (for all three of you who actually read the blog...)

I have decided to close down my Etsy shop. I'm going to allow the current listings to expire and will not be actively listing new items any time in the forseeable future (is that even a word?). I've decided that being a made-to-order person will be much better option for me right now. And not having the constant 'pressure' to create and list new items on Etsy will be a huge relief for me in my day-to-day life.

This is a decision that has been months, yes MONTHS, in the making. I've laid awake in bed late at night contemplating it. I've spent my lunch breaks and evenings brooding as I tried to finish Christmas presents or a new project for the shop. Finally, I asked a few people what their thoughts were.

While I will still be making items, it won't be for the mysterious 'target audience' that I still haven't been able to define for myself. The cost, financially, emotionally, mentally, and in time, just isn't worth it for me right now.

So, for those of you who have seen my shop, and have any of my items on your personal 'wish list', grab them now! I have a clearance coupon ready and waiting. Just send me a message on the Facebook page, and I'll get it to you.

Thank You All!

2 comments: