Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fall Turns Me into a Creep

Photo by  Kimberly Davis (she has some great photography!)

Fall has officially arrived here. I can say it's officially arrived now since I've spent the past week freezing cold, and finally caved and pulled out a jacket and the long sleeve tees.

I've noticed, however, that fall has turned me into a mega-creep. Why? The sweaters. I realized yesterday that I had spent the majority of a meeting staring at the sweater of a co-worker. I could make that sweater, I had started counting stitches in the cables and such, then realized I had been staring and should probably stop.

It's been happening in classes too. I have to snap myself out of it. I am in the process of knitting two sweaters for myself, but still. All these sweaters! I need more!

I find myself resisting the urge to skip classes so I can cozy up on my couch with a cup of Milo or hot chocolate (managers special at Kroger, only 59 cents!) and my sweater in progress. I could have it done by Saturday if I didn't have these dang classes and that thing called work.

And all those lovely fabrics in the closet waiting to become quilts. There are just not enough hours in the day. Sigh.

In other knitting, I've discovered that The Yarn Haven is an official drop off spot for Project Linus. So this beauty, Red, White, and Blue, that has been languishing in the closet at my place, will be taken with tonight to Knit Night to be off to a new home!

HAPPY FALL MY FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment